Kansas City Half/Full Marathon for ProLife
* Our Calling: LIFE Runners are LIFE Group Devotions members who pray, raise funds, and run…for ProLife!
* Core Values: Keep the Faith, Respect Life from Conception to Natural Death, Run so as to Win. LIFE Runners Creed.
* LIFE Runners website (FB), LIFE Group Devotions website (FB)
2011 LIFE Runners Team: We now have 86 LIFE Runners for the Kansas City half/full Marathon (15 Oct), including 11 kids for the 5K/1.2 mile races (rosters below). High five to those who recruited LIFE Runners. If everyone resolves to recruit one more LIFE Runner by Easter, we will break our goal of 100 runners! The KC course is described as “fast” & “scenic.” Weekend includes Fri prerace pasta dinner with speakers, Sat 2 PM abortion clinic prayer rally, Sat 4 PM Mass, and Sat night dinner party.
NEWS: The Alpha Center Fall Newsletter, O’Gorman HS Re-U-Knight-er, and TrueManhood had articles about the 2010 LIFE Runners. Here is a recent O’Gorman HS Knight Scroll article: LIFE Runners look to raise goals for upcoming year.
* Several LIFE Runners met for a Christmas Eve fun run in Sioux Falls (picture attached). Another LIFE Runners fun run is scheduled for 6:30 AM, Mon, 11 Apr, Sioux Falls O’Gorman parking lot.
* The Sioux Falls Alpha Center Banquet is at 7 PM, Mon, 11 Apr, Ramkota Exhibit Hall. The speaker is Brad Bright, whose father founded Campus Crusade for Christ. I will present ”the ask” fundraising challenge at the banquet. Tickets are $35. Let me know if you plan to attend, so they have enough tables reserved for the LIFE Runners.
2011 GOAL: Build a miracle team of 100 LIFE Runners to raise $25K ($250 per runner) for the Alpha Center crisis pregnancy bus (free ultrasounds)…saving babies and families! Mothers (87%) who see their Unborn baby ultrasound will not abort. The 2010 LIFE Runners raised over $7K for the Alpha Center bus with 17 LIFE Runners and over 100 generous sponsors.
TEAM ROSTER: 74 adult runners and 12 kid runners (from 18 states and Kenya). OTHERS?
* Partners for KC (7): Sue Peters (SD), Carol Nesbitt (SD), Alpha Center (SD), Ann Averhulst (MO), Bill Francis (MO), Ann Soave (MO)
* Full Marathon (33): Mike Austad (SD), Jill Becker (IA), Rosemary Bernth (IA), Chris Bird (TN), Dan (Lt) Castle (TX), Pat/Angi Castle (IL), Steve Castle (MN), Kiplimö Chemirmir (TX/Kenya), Robert Cox (CO), Becky/Chris Gregory (NE), Sherry/Mark Greiner (CO), Terry Hill (AR), Stuart Hughes (MO), Tammy Kimball (MN), Jim Lacasse (SD), Rachel Lindner (TX), Katie Lynch (CO), Rachel Person (SD), Jason Peters (SD), Kia Rector (SD), Rich Reich (FL), Mike/Kathy Rutten (SD), Rob Rysavy (CO), Jennifer Schmidt (KS), Courtney Schumann (CO), Fr. Jonathan St. Andre (PA), Deneen Waddell (WI), Joanna Webster (NE), Doug Young (AR)
* Half Marathon (39): Bobby Aborn (OH), Dave/Carol Alpers (SD), Deborah Bertsch (SD), Stephanie Bossman (SD), Karla Brien (IL), Scott Casmer (CO), Tina Castle (MN), Joe Castle (IN), Shantelle Castle (AZ), Tracy Clinton (UT), Aaron/Brenda Ferrie (IA), Ger Fjeldheim (IA), Joe Godshall (SD), Shane Hall (MO), Art Horn (NE), Jeanne Horning (SD), Lisa Ingram (CO), Coach Doug Lindner (SD), Pam McGushin (IL), Ardis Moeller (SD), Deanna Peters (SD), Mandi Poss (IA), Erica Reich (FL), John Shannon (IL), Jamie Simpson (KS), Stephanie Spader (SD), Kim Soldatke (SD), Dale/Tayler Sundermann (NE), Wade/Ashlee Sundermann (MO), Dan Szarke (CO), Sarah Vetch (MN), Justin Weiler (IL), Julie Weiss (FL), Blake Williams (KS), Chris Wyckoff (CO)
* 5K (9): Grant/Brenda Alvine (SD), Sam (14)/Jacob (11) Alvine, Brianna Castle (10), Paige Castle (10), Trevor Ferrie (10), Mark Rysavy (9), AJ Spader (10)
* 1.2 mile (5): Grace Castle (7), Carter Ferrie (7), Vicki Kerkvliet (SD, wheelchair), Elizabeth Rysavy (7), Catherine Spader (7)
TRAINING: Schedules begin 13 June for the full and 25 July for the half. At the start of the schedule you should be comfortably running 3 miles. During off season, consider running at least 3 miles for 3 days of the week with one longer run on the weekend. For injury prevention and improvement, do stretching and strengthening after every run. To keep things interesting, plan a 5K or 10K every 3 months…God luck!
Coach Pat Castle
LIFE Runners…we pray & run for THEIR Lives!
* “The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare.” ~ Ikangaa
* Abortion reality (images): #1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
* “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary.” ~ Isaiah 40:31