Chapters need 5 local runners/walkers: Chapters have a leader, assistant, and chaplain. Chapters can be affiliated with pregnancy resource centers, schools, churches, etc. Pray together before races, fundraise for local Pro-Life orgs, train together monthly. Example schedule and group training tips below. After first 5 members SignUp as “no chapter”, send chapter set up request to contact@LIFErunners.org.
* Roster (18 May 2013): Flyer. 1,300 runners/walkers, ages 4 to 79, in 41 states and 9 other countries including Afghanistan, Canada, Germany, Ghana, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Tanzania, Turkey (1 Cor 3:6).
* AL – Decatur (FB): 2012, Lisa/David Rawlings, Roster
* AR - Fayetteville: 2013, Kimberly Prenger, Rhonda Prenger, Roster
* CO - Colorado Springs (FB): 2011, Scott Casmer, Chad Livingston, Roster
* CO – Denver: 2013, Tavo Trippe, Molly O’Brien, Fr. Chris Uhl, Roster
* FL – Ave Maria (FB): 2012, Paul Nurse, Mary O’Donaghue, Roster
* GA – Macon: 2012, Debbie McMahon Levitt, Roster
* IA - Sioux City (FB): 2011, Mandi Kuehl, Aaron Ferrie, Fr. William Vit, Roster
* ID - Boise (FB): 2012, Lisa/Jeff Penzkover, Roster
* IL - Belleville (FB): 2011, Jeff Pauls, Jeremy Monroe, Msgr Myler, Fr. Abraham, Roster
* IL - Chicago South: 2013, Marlena Tharnish, Roster
* IL – Effingham (FB): 2013, Bob Feldhake, Katie Waldhoff, Fr. Brian Alford, Roster
* IL - Southern IL Univ: 2013, Michael Esker, Rachel Frichtl, Roster
* IL - Springfield (FB): 2012, Kyle Holtgrave, Dr. Kevin Vost, Bishop Paprocki, Roster
* KS - Benedictine College (FB): 2011, Megan Langenfeld, Alex Rysavy, Fr. Dean, Roster
* KS – Kansas State Univ (FB): 2012, Kathryn Biver, Ken Strawn, Roster
* KS – Oxford KS: 2013, Mark Sutton, Patrick Neises, Roster
* LA – Lafayette (FB): 2013, Grant Fenske, Chris Odinet, Fr. Mark Ledoux, Roster
* MD – Baltimore (FB): 2012, Victoria/Lawrence Glose, Deacon Montalto, Roster
* MN – Aitkin: 2013, Marcy Malsed, Pete Malsed, Roster
* MN - Fergus Falls (FB): 2011, Tina/Steve Castle, Fr. Greg Paffel, Roster
* MN - Twin Cities (FB): 2011, Robyn Steinbrueck, Stephanie Gockowski, Roster
* MO - Coalition St. Louis (FB): 2011, Stephen Schmidt, Dan Hinrichs, Fr. Joe Coffey, Roster
* MO – Concord St. Louis (FB): 2012, Christine Talley, Mary Larkin, Pastor Lannie McFarland, Roster
* MO - Kansas City (FB): 2011, Lindsey/Josh Bachman, Fr. Joseph Totton, Roster
* MO - Mid-MO (FB, website): 2011, Anne Carmichael, Bill Pauls, Fr. Francis Doyle, Roster
* MO – Springfield (FB): 2012, Gary Momphard, Fr. Bertrand, Roster
* MO - St. Joseph Radio (FB): 2011, Teresa/Matt Laugeman, Roster
* MO – St. Peters (FB): 2012, Sarah Swaykus, Amanda Rowell, Roster
* MO – ThriVe PRC (FB): 2012, Joy Maxwell, Roster
* NJ – St. Cecilia (Rockaway): 2013, John Byrne, Michael O’Brien, Fr. Daniel O’Mullane, Roster
* NY – New York City (FB): 2012, Molly McDonald, Roster
* OH – Franciscan Univ: 2012, Michelle Burns, Fr. Gregory Plow, Roster
* PA - Pittsburgh (FB): 2011, Joe Gallo, Dan Stover, Roster
* PA – The King’s Men (FB): 2012, Mark Houck, Roster
* RI – Rhode Island: 2013, Mike Krzywonos, Roster
* SD – O’Gorman High SD (FB): 2012, Alexis Soldatke, Mary Motz, Fr. Paul Rutten, Roster
* SD – Rapid City (FB): 2012, Pat/Angi Castle, Stacey Wollman, Deacon Larry Kopriva, Roster
* SD - Sioux Falls (FB): 2010, Paul Westendorf, Lindsay Plathe, Fr. Paul Rutten, Roster
* SD – Yankton: 2013, Barbara Heithoff, Deacon Ron Kachena, Roster
* SD – Wall: 2013, Sharon/Glenn Swanson, Pastor Ron Burtz, Roster
* TX – Boerne (FB): 2013, Dale/Angel Guillot, James Russell (seminarian), Roster
* TX - San Antonio (FB): 2011, Kathy Seastrunk, Lisa Skowron, Roster
* VA - Romney: 2011, Tracy Carl, Margaret Broderick, Fr. William Kuchinsky, Roster
* Washington DC: 2013, Jeffery Grabosky, Roster
* Singapore (FB): 2012, Annabella Long, Jonathan Lim, Roster
* No chapters within one hour: Roster
Example 2012 Chapter Schedule:
* JAN: start training for Fargo half/full marathon (19 May).
* FEB: LIFE Runners praying at Sioux Falls PP abortion mill (25th), start with a 30 min out-back run/walk
* MAR: St. Patrick’s Day 5M/5K/1M (17th); Shamrock 5K/2 mi/1 mi for Catholic Schools (31st).
* APR: 30 min run/walk followed by prayer at PP abortion mill (6:30 AM, 6th).
* MAY: Brookings half (12th); Fargo ND 5K/10K/full/half Saturday (18/19th)
* JUN: 30 minute run/walk followed by prayer at the Sioux Falls PP abortion mill (6:30 AM, 16th).
* JUL: First group training run/walk for Oct marathon (6:30 AM, 14th)
* AUG: Second group training run/walk (6:30 AM, 11th)
* SEP: Third group training run/walk is Sioux Falls half/full Marathon (9th)
* OCT: Last group training run/walk (7 AM, 6th), STL 1 M/5K/half/full Marathon and Events (21st)
* NOV: 40 Days for Life, Black Friday run/walk and prayer at Sioux Falls PP abortion mill (23rd)
* DEC: Advent, prepare the way and make room in our hearts for God.
Monthly Group Run Tips: To include all ages/abilities.
* Option 1: First pray LIFE Runners Creed, 30 min out-back run/walk at own pace to allow everyone to finish together in about 30 min, close with 10-15 min of group stretching and core strengthening for injury prevention and fellowship.
* Option 2: First pray LIFE Runners Creed, slow team warm up together for five minutes and then press into pace groups. After run/walk, stretch at a determined spot for fellowship.
* Notes: Schedule for early morning to avoid conflicts, extend out/back time as season progresses, some will run/walk additional miles before/after, could have optional breakfast/lunch afterwards. Could meet at abortion mill for the opening group prayer. After the workout, could have an optional Rosary procession at the abortion mill (17 min).
Display Board: guidance.
Bulletin announcement: ”LIFE Runners pray, fundraise, and run to defend Life from conception to natural death…All In Christ for Pro-Life! Sign up to get your “REMEMBER The Unborn” jersey and team updates/devotions: www.liferunners.org/signup. Invite other runners and walkers to join us. For more team info visit www.LIFErunners.org. Contact your local chapter leader [name] at [email].”