2013 Relay (13 Feb to Mar 24): TV. Blog. Video. More.
* Filled 2,026 miles (49.5%): CA (68/270, 25%); CO (97/390, 25%); IA (18/82, 22%); IL (148/148, 100.0%); IN (24/178, 8%); MD (192/291, 62%); MO (420/420, 100%); NE (38/139, 23%); NJ (87/87, 100%), NV (110/432, 25%); NY (23/23, 100%); OH (49/234, 15%); PA (141/309, 46%); SD (540/540, 100%); UT (30/374, 5%); WV (11/22, 50%); WY (7/129, 6%).
* Step 1: Sign Up to be a LIFE Runner (updates/devotions/jersey), pray LIFE Runners Creed, and wear “REMEMBER The Unborn” jersey.
* Step 2 (Oct 2013): Sign Up for legs of the course (each ~5K). Although only one person can sign up for each leg, other registered LIFE Runners are welcome to join each leg. Groups can rotate out one runner/walker while others pray/cheer from vehicle…or driver drops them at the start of several legs in a row and then goes back for pickups. Can backfill missed legs until 24 Mar finish.
* Step 3: Welcome to fundraise for Pro-Life ministry of choice (guidance). LIFE Runners donation appreciated.
* Course: On 13 Feb 2013, the East coast arm (1,997 miles) launches from the New York City Brooklyn Bridge, and the West coast arm (2,092 miles) launches from the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge. The route goes by abortion mills for prayer. After 40 days with 1,103 legs (~5K each) covering 4,089 miles, the East coast and West coast arms will unite at the St. Joseph Cathedral in Sioux Falls SD at 1pm, Palm Sunday, 24 Mar. Maps.
* Notes: There will usually not be a baton to hand off. Each LIFE Runner will start at designated place/time and will not wait for previous leg. If delayed or unable to complete, ensure leg is completed soonest (by 24 Mar). If pace is at least 12 min/mile, will be able to high five the next LIFE Runner.
* Race Director: Jeff Grabosky ran A-Cross America from Jan to May 2011 to encourage prayer and Pro-Life: Running With God Across America book. LIFE Runners co-founder Pat Castle met Jeff along that faith journey (daily bread story).