“When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain…His disciples came to Him.” ~ Mt 5:1
“My weekend in St. Louis with the LIFE Runners was so Spiritually rewarding. I LOVE the whole team aspect! The Black Hills are callin’ my name!” ~ Joanne Zitz (New York)
IF YOU MISSED IT, HERE IS THE EXCITING RECAP WITH PHOTOS…WOW!: LIFE Runners Face Crazy Horse Blizzard.
Crazy Horse 1K/5K/half/full Marathon (4-6 Oct, Hill City, SD): Register for 1K/5K (5 Oct) between 11am and 12:30pm at Boys/Girls Club in Hill City (297 Walnut Ave): Info. Half/full marathon (6 Oct) registration closed 23 Sep. Super scenic and personal record fast (over 2/3 downhill). Race photos. Promo video.
LIFE Runner Sign Up (and order your “REMEMBER The Unborn, Jer 1:5″ jersey): www.LIFErunners.org/signup.
* For Crazy Horse races, we have nearly 200 LIFE Runners from 19 states (and Canada): CA, CO, CT, FL, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, SD, TX, VA, WI. This % of total participants are LIFE Runners: 1K(19%), 5K(37%), 13.1mi(8%), 26.2mi(15%). Our “REMEMBER The Unborn, Jer 1:5″ jerseys will be heard loud and clear. May our presence help change many hearts/minds for saving many lives!
Fundraising Campaign (28 Aug – 6 Oct): during your training, please strive to raise/contribute $262 for our national and your local Pro-Life beneficiaries. Details at www.liferunners.org/fundraising.
Crazy Horse Race Weekend Activities (4-6 Oct): RSVP Form for all activities (by 12pm, 4 Oct). Travel itinerary.
* Attire is casual for all events…wear LIFE Runners gear/color all weekend.
* Jeff Grabosky Presentations (Fri, 4 Oct, Rapid City): 9 to 10 am at St. Thomas More Gym (300 Fairmont Blvd) and 1 to 2pm at Terra Sancta Gym (2101 City Springs Rd). Jeff is the author of “Running with God across America”. All are welcome to attend.
* Ellsworth AFB tour (3pm to 5pm, Fri, 4 Oct, Rapid City): tour departs at 3pm from SD Air & Space Museum entrance near base main gate (2890 Rushmore Dr, Ellsworth AFB, SD). RSVP.
* Team dinner (5:30pm, Fri, 4 Oct, Golden Corral buffet, 1180 N Lacrosse St, Rapid City). RSVP.
* Mt. Rushmore (8:30am to 10:30am, Sat, 5 Oct): Meet at Rushmore Express Hotel in Keystone, SD. RSVP.
* Crazy Horse 1K/5K races and Half/Full packet pick up (11:30am to 2:30pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Hill City): Register for 1K/5K and pick up half/full marathon packets at Boys/Girls Club (297 Walnut Ave) from 11:30am to 12:15pm. LIFE Runners Creed team prayer at 12:30pm, Tracy Park. 1K/5K begins at 12:45pm. RSVP.
* Rapid City Care Net pregnancy resource center tour (3:30pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Rapid City): including Sioux Falls Alpha Center mobile medical unit. RSVP.
* Church Service (Sat, 5 Oct, Blessed Sacrament Church, Rapid City): 5:00pm to 5:30pm social and team photos. 5:30pm Mass concelebrated by LIFE Runners clergy – Bishop Gruss, Bishop Paprocki and other Priests. All denominations welcome! RSVP.
* Pre-race Banquet (Sat, 5 Oct, Blessed Sacrament Hall, Rapid City, FREE): 6:00pm to 6:30pm check-in and social. 6:30pm dinner served. Awesome speakers include saline abortion survivor Melissa Ohden, Knights magazine (Columbia) editor Alton Pelowski, and “Running with God across America” author Jeff Grabosky. Sponsored by Knights and Vitae. RSVP.
* Pre-race Team Prayer/Photo (7:30am, Sun, 6 Oct, outside Crazy Horse Museum front doors): LIFE Runners Creed.
* Crazy Horse Half/Full Marathon (8am, Sun, 6 Oct, Crazy Horse Museum start, Hill City finish). LIFE Runners bus departs Rushmore Express Hotel (Keystone) at 6am and returns at noon.
* Post-race Celebration (10am to 2pm, Sun, 6 Oct, Little White Church, Hill City, FREE): co-sponsored by the SD Family Heritage Alliance and Rapid City Care Net PRC. RSVP.
Lodging (group rate, 3-7 Oct, Keystone): www.rushmoreexpress.com. All rooms $50/night for double occupancy and $5 for extra adults (age 12 and under free). 42 std rooms (2 queens or 1 king) and 42 suites (first come). Breakfast included. 24 hr cancel. Exercise room, pool, hot tub, free Wifi, laundry, microwave/refrig. Contact Rick Greene at (832)301-2121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bus: departs St. Louis at 7pm, Thurs, 3 Oct and returns to St. Louis by 6am, Mon, 7 Oct. Pick ups in Columbia (9pm), Kansas City (11pm), Omaha, Sioux City. Stops for Sioux Falls breakfast, Corn Palace, Al’s Oasis lunch, Badlands, Ellsworth AFB. Reserve seat at contact@LIFErunners.org.